I've had that BRhyder song stuck in my head all day long.
So far it has been wonderful. I got an awesome awesome gift! My sweet wonderful husband got me a cleaning service....i know right….not for one time, but they come every other week and we can bump them up to more time if we want. I do an okay job, but with working and 48 kids I get really overwhelmed at the amount of little things that always have to be done (you know, like dusting and baseboards and the little tiny places that crap gathers)… oh this was just the best gift as now it will be clean clean clean. Everyone can expect invites the day the cleaners are here lol.
Notre Dame is on today….dare I say it….football in this house starts today and I am super excited. I love football. (btw, I have my fantasy football team all set and it looks like a good team so I am pumped) and plans to watch it are in full effect.
Tonight Mike gets home for a day before he turns around tomorrow again to hit the road. I'm very happy to get some time with him tonight.
I've got some wonderful, beautiful friends who have wished me a happy day. I have a great family and support system and I cannot think of a better way to start off the *new* year.
"sun is shining again….."
"it's good to feel the heat on my skin"
You should all be really happy that I don't remember any more of the words to that song.
HAPPY LABOR DAY - and as most people have no idea what this holiday is about they just consider it happy day off from work and last good weekend on the lake. Unless you live here and it has rained on any big weekend. However, you won't hear me complaining. I just giggle inside because I don't have to mow the yard for one more day. Not that Mike wants me to mow the yard. Contrary to that he wishes I would leave the weed eater alone. Once we got into a big argument because he said I "sucked" at it. Well how am I going to learn to get good at it if I don't practice I reasoned. So now I only do it when he's gone on long runs and my neighbors start giving that frowny look at me when they drive by because I'm letting the small ones play in the water hose or some such instead of mowing the yard. (not that I care what they think but I'd rather stay on the DL for crappy yards they must point out when they gather at the mailboxes - I would rather them talk about how I let my child wear a band t-shirt and some wild shorts to school - derelict)
Anyway, I've been told to not look at the bank account as purchases are being made and we will have cake and ice cream tomorrow night (when all kids and Mike are in attendance).
So I am off to paint nails and toes with my 9 year old. The small ones are napping and we must make the most of this time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment