So in perusing Craigs List for various office items I've come to the realization that there really is no accounting for taste. Some points.
Even if your king size bedroom set is from Ethan Allen, if it was purchased in the 70's then it looks like the 70's. No name brand is going to change that.
Probably best to not buy a whole new set of furniture before you walk down the aisle. I've been amazed at the postings for "didn't make it to the alter but we bought all new furniture and need to sell it"
If it looks like something in a 1980's bachelor pad then putting the words "contemporary" in front of it don't change the aesthetics. Same with the words "retro".
If you think that it is in such bad shape it needs to be titled a "restoration project" it is probably best to list it in the free section of stuff and put it by the curb. Who is going to pay good $$ to buy something and then pay more money to re-do it.
Are there really that many people out there that need to unload 200 gal. aquariums? Cause in SA there are a ton.
Same with coffee tables. I'm thinking I don't want one as everyone is selling them.
I'm no decorator by any means, but the amount of rust orange, pea green and country blue sofas out there is amazing.
Okay, that's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment