Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Flying at the speed of life

You know how sometimes life gets really busy and you're running in 4 different directions and all you can really do is hold on and live it? And that sums it up my friends. Somedays you can't blog about it, you just have to live it. Cause what is a life if it's only lived for blogging….. and that is as deep as I can be at 7 something in the morning. A morning in which the day that I have to be up early and have to be out and about my youngest son decides this is the morning he will sleep in. The child is up and generally pissed because he is thirsty somewhere around the 4am time-frame most mornings. He will happily snuggle in bed with us and go back to sleep (while subconsciously kicking his father in the back trying to boot him out of bed – stewie much?) but the fact that I had to function at 4am does not generally make for a restful night. Sometimes he's up as much as a newborn it seems. Whoever the hell said they are sleeping by 2 ish is full of it because we are up with someone almost every night. I do know this is part of parenting but it's the exhausting part.

Random things: Neutrogena has a new face cream that covers all of it. I suck very badly at actually using some sort of skin regime but I think I could handle this one. Face it, by the time everyone is down, and I have had a chance to fall on the bed and cuddle with my wonderful man…the last thing I think of is getting up to put some sort of really hard to read made up word like "duo luminocity" on my cheeks, while putting "exfoli-define-reduci-moisturizer" on my eyes and some "gobble-be-gone" crap on my neck. I am sure that when I hit 40 I will look like I am 60 and will need to be on the TLC show "10 Years Younger" I will regret this. However, it does not stop the fact that I forget. So the ad campaign won and you oh fabulous Neutrogena all in one eyes, neck, face night repair stuff that I cannot remember the name of will be purchased after I have been to Walgreens 10 more times and forgotten it 10 more times. Then perhaps I can wake up looking like Mary Louise Parker.

Speaking of Mary Louise….3 maybe 4 shows that are now in my totally addicted to tv shows that one must watch. We (meaning our little town) finally stepped into the 21st century and bought into that whole cable de-regulation bill that was passed oh, 25 years ago. Time Warner moved in and you would have thought that it was like God himself sprinkled some happy dust in the air because I was positively giddy (on a Monday at that) when I got the letter that we now had…..wait for it…..A CHOICE. So I promptly signed up as they were still running the lines. Not only did I get a killer pkg, but one that beat the pants off of what I was paying. I mean really. How can you not love 5 services for the price I was paying for 2 to one company and 1 to another (i-net, tv, phone) They sold me on it when I realized I could set the cable boxes to not come on until a certain time; meaning I don't care that you did your homework at school it doesn't work until after dinner and your room is clean so you might as well play outside to kill the time…..(high five, knuckles, score one for the parent team, screw democracy in this house). Not to mention that it has DVR. Now, to actually get this with the old provider we had to pay about 35 more a month…and they were so horrible all the way around it was going to be a cold day in..yeah…before I gave them one more penny than I had to. So because this was item number 4 they threw in (for the exact same price I was paying – did I mention that 10 times already) I said what the heck I'll try it. It is fabulous. And this brings us to my original point…(see up there, right hand column…yeah, falling through a tree)

I am loving Weeds and the show Californication. You have to watch it. Very adult but deep. Makes you think. Along with my other favorite Entourage I can happily snuggle up with the husband and use the "on demand" feature to watch whatever I want when I want. Oh that right there is a wonderful wonderful thing. I do realize tv rots your brain, and I also know that we're really strict on moderation for the older kids. The younger set has totally od'ed on Thomas the Tank Engine on demand. And I am okay with that….as the morals are much easier to talk about than they are on Hannah Montana per say. I also think for my ringing endorsement Time Warner should just make me pay half the bill next month.

Wonder boy has just now come out of hibernation and is demanding something to drink. Since he is still in his crib I do believe the power known as pick me up lady must go rescue him. Until next time………

1 comment:

  1. That could be a song title.. "Flying at the speed of life".

    ReplyDelete