This week has been particularly tough. There are so many things going on. Today was no exception and I had just about reached max on emotional capacity to hold it all together when Mick Mick decides he needs his Biko (bee-ko)right now, this second, instantly. Biko is what he has affectionately named his blanket. He has it in whatever room he is in during the day. It isn't always in his hand, but it is close. Tonight it was not.
I searched high and low. I looked in every room under beds, all his normal places he plays, outside, in the bath tub (hey you never know). Nothing. After searching for almost 10 minutes while he followed me, crying very loudly and saying "Mick Mick need biiiiiiiiko" over and over I could not find it. Did I mention he was very loud.
I was almost in tears myself. Frustrated I looked at him and said "buddy, mommy doesn't know where biko is and I am sorry".
He looked at me and said "Mick Mick biko in dee woom unner dee piddow" in a voice that had the tone of 'i cannot believe you don't know where it is every second of the day like I do'.......
Laugh. - I did.
So why didn't the little toot go get it himself if he knew where it was? *shaking head* Why can't kids be as rational as I am?!
ReplyDeletethat's what I was thinking. Apparently something magical happens when mom brings it to you.
ReplyDelete