Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fasten Your Seatbelts

It has been so busy around here lately that time is literally flying by. Coupled with the fact that I just realized we have now hit what is the busiest, fastest and my favorite part of the year. I love Halloween and all the fall decorations. The smell of the air changes. I think it smells like Friday nights when you were in high school and were going to the football game. I love the leaves turning and all of the things that seem to happen when the season changes. Even if only by a few degrees. I also LOVE Thanksgiving. That and Christmas are my absolute favorites. I have been blessed with a family that loves holiday's and traditions and has a blast doing it so it makes it all the more special.

In the past week or so we've moved into new offices, one child got glasses, we are changing some of the rooms in our house and my never ending painting projects are ongoing. We also had big birthdays - I cannot believe they are 11 now and we've had lots and lots of company. All of this together has just made for a really fast few weeks.

I finally replaced our dig camera that broke so I'm sure i'll put some stuff up sooner or later. I really jumped off the deep end. Usually I research like crazy and then buy. So when I went to go get the camera (an updated version of what I had) the salesperson shows me one that came out that day. If it had been anything other than a Canon I would've immediately dismissed it. BUT, it was an ultra zoom and compact. Something that never happens. It was also cheaper. So I got my optical ultra zoom in a nice little body that will work fabulously for right now. I do love my bigger bodied camera and all of it's features so I am sure I will get one in the future, but for now I am really pleased.

The absolutely most exciting thing for the 2 year olds at the moment is the pumpkin patch. They beg to go each time we pass by. Since it is 3 blocks from our house, there is much begging going on. Mick Mick had a BLAST putting them in the wheelbarrow. I tried to upload a photo but it's being funky at the moment so it's gonna have to wait.

Oh and one final giggle. Over the weekend the big kids put that spray color in their hair. Of course being the girl that she is, Syd chooses Pink. It has almost all washed out except for a light pink hue that clings to the most golden parts of her hair. I really had no worry about this at all as it is temporary, until this morning when it dawned on me that it was picture day. She's wearing a bright pink dress and matching head band. This could be the picture day to beat all others for many years to come. hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment