There is a fine line between loving a two year old and the two year old making you insane. In one big bundle they are charming, adorable, cute, maddening, loud, messy, precious, stubborn, and still have just enough baby in them that they are cuddly. In that same bundle of development they have this language that is my favorite of all phases.
I'm not one to talk baby talk much. Rather I love when they learn words and put their own twist on them. These are my favorite times. As bad as my memory is some days, I think I need to keep a list. Surly I will forget these things. Some you never forget. I will forever remember that Sydney called Chic Fil A - Chick a fay. Or that Christopher's favorite sandwich of all time was a "Peanut Sanich". Jordan loved to "fwy" (he had 5 broken bones by the time he was 4 to prove this love of flying off things). But as much as you remember certain words there are 10 that you forget. I'm pretty sure that my house will always call Canalope "canagoat" and that Eww Yuck Yuck will never change from "Eww Luck Luck" but there will be ones that were fleeting. They only used them for a little bit. Until the connection on how to properly say the word was made.
Those are the words that make me a little sad that they can't stay little for longer.
It's like our good friend Walt said, "It's in those moments that you wish God would whisper in your ear 'this is the last time they will say it that way' so that you can remember it forever".
My kids still can't say "M&Ms"
ReplyDeleteIt's "En-uh-mens"
Sydney still says "N m N's" too....lol
ReplyDeleteI don't correct it either....