whelmed that is. Everything is moving so fast. I know Christmas will be here tomorrow. I'm not ready. This week we had 3 projects, 1 musical and one choir recital to do. Both of the little ones are now in chaos mode. Meaning they really can move from one room to another so quickly and pull everything out in that room in 3 minutes while I'm taking 20 min to pick up the room they just destroyed.
A gate...oh what a novel suggestion. We have them. However, my little monkey boy can scale them with no effort at all. Regardless of the brand or the direction of the bars. So it only really serves a purpose to slow them down slightly. Or slow him down and make her so mad that she just stands there and screams this hideous sound that makes paint peel.
I really can't say I have felt this overwhelmed in a long time in my personal world. Too much is happening, too fast and it isn't like I'm bringing more "to do" into our world. I haven't signed up for anything, no committees, no extra stuff that would be 'fun', nothing.
I'm not dealing well with it all. It's like I can deal with work stuff with no problem cause I can compartmentalize that and it stays there. But the house and family just sort of spills into everything and everywhere. I don't remember the first three being this busy at this age. Maybe I was just younger and had more energy to keep up and do it all and not be overwhelmed.
This is a phase, it too shall pass. Right?
Deep breaths. Only tackle one thing at a time. Small, baby sized steps. Keep your eye on the prize. Stay focused.
ReplyDeleteAnd, having a breakdown every now and then is also necessary for your sanity.
What she said! And yeah, it will pass...but not nearly quickly enough...
ReplyDeleteI used to stack the baby gates, but that was for cats & it's probably dangerous for a climbing monkey boy. :-(